Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the play next/later queue broken in Podcasts in iOS 11.3?

I've been using the play next and play later queue to order a list of various podcast episodes that I want to listen to in the queue order for a long time. Today, after updating to iOS 11.3, I find that the adding a podcast episode to the queue is adding all the episodes of that podcast show and when I add a episode from a different podcast to the queue the queue is completely overwritten with all episodes from that podcast. Is anyone else seeing this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10), 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2018 7:29 AM

The menu with the queue function that used to be access via the icon at the righthand end of the episode listing is now access by touch-and-hold on the episode listing. Touch the title and the menu will pop up.

5 replies

Apr 23, 2018 9:48 AM in response to Alpennia

I have a related question for the workaround for playlists on the Podcasts App. Once you have made a list using the Touch and hold and picking play next or play later, how do you see that list of podcasts that are going to play in order. I can foresee making such a list and not finishing it. So how do you make a new list without erasing the old list?

I agree with those who miss being able to make a podcast playlist in iTunes.

Apr 23, 2018 9:58 PM in response to Charles Swigart

That works the same as it did in the previous version of the app: from the main "listen now" screen, select the show that's currently playing (displayed at the bottom of the screen). When you get the display for that show, scroll all the way down to the bottom below any show notes and you'll see a list of everything you have queued up. You can rearrange the order by dragging episode listings by the icon at the far right (the one with multiple horizontal lines).

In the old version, if you picked a new "play next" (rather than "play later") when things were still in queue, it asked if you wanted to replace the previous playlist or keep it. I haven't had a chance to see if it still works that way now, but you could try it.

Is the play next/later queue broken in Podcasts in iOS 11.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.