Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garmin Forerunner 305 does not connect since High Sierra Update

Since the update to High Sierra my Garmin Forerunner 305 does not connect to my iMac anymore. I am using the latest version of Garmin Express. It appears that something is happening with bluetooth devices as my magic keyboard and magic trackpad 2 begin to disconnect/connect as soon as the garmin device is plugged into the usb port. They continue to disconnect/connect repeatedly until the garmin is unplugged from usb then they reconnect and stay connected.

Here are get infos for the os and the garmin express.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Thank you

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 8:50 PM

2 replies

May 2, 2018 10:31 PM in response to david wfromlincoln

I have the same issue, only my connections drop immediately and stay that way; I have to reboot to re-establish them. Both my keyboard and trackpad stop working as soon as I plug the USB cable from my Garmin Forerunner 305 in. I'll contact Garmin as well, but with the age of the Forerunner 305 I'll be impressed if they provide support.User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Thanks for posting.

May 16, 2018 7:11 AM in response to ChrisCYVR

I reached out to Garmin and here is their response:

After researching this, the issue is with the compatibility of the device and the new versions of Garmin Express and iOS.

Below is a public article that we have that refers to needing an older version of Express on a iOS version of 10.12 or older.

The Forerunner 205/305 can sync recorded activity data to a Garmin Connect account using Garmin Express on a personal computer*.

To pair your device to Garmin Express:

- Download and install Garmin Express onto a Windows computer*.

- Attach the device to the charging cable/cradle.

- Plug the USB cable into an available USB port on the computer.

- Open Garmin Express.

- Select ‘Add Device’ in Garmin Express.

- Follow Garmin Express Prompts to complete the set up

Your Forerunner 205/305 set up is now complete. Each time you connect the device to the computer it will automatically sync once Garmin Express detects it.

*Note: This device is only compatible with Garmin Express on a Windows computer with Windows 7 SP1 or new or Mac computer running 10.12 or older.

To resolve this, you would need to use it on a an older version.

Garmin Forerunner 305 does not connect since High Sierra Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.