Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im using iphone 6. Yesterday i updated my device to ios 11.3. Battery drain too fast now. Confused ☹️

Ios 11.3 battery drain too fast of iphone 6

Posted on Apr 1, 2018 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2018 5:36 PM

I have this issue also. My battery health is above 80%. I fully charged my phone and had my phone in my coat pocket all morning and went to use my phone at lunch and it was at 1%. Normally at this time if I hadn’t used my phone all morning it would be at 90%. Something is wrong with this update for iPhone. I have an iPhone 6 also. My iPad is doing fine on this update.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2018 5:36 PM in response to shandika

I have this issue also. My battery health is above 80%. I fully charged my phone and had my phone in my coat pocket all morning and went to use my phone at lunch and it was at 1%. Normally at this time if I hadn’t used my phone all morning it would be at 90%. Something is wrong with this update for iPhone. I have an iPhone 6 also. My iPad is doing fine on this update.

Apr 1, 2018 6:28 PM in response to Philly_Phan

I did read Tim‘s post. My battery health is at 89%. The only app I had open was the Music app. Background refresh on other apps is off. I now wish I wouldn’t have updated to 11.3 because my phone was working fine before the update. This new update seriously has a problem of draining the battery when the phone is not being used. I’m sure they will have a patch in 11.3.1. It is just really annoying.

Apr 2, 2018 5:08 PM in response to shandika

Of your battery is still good and above 80% and you still keep having problems with your battery try the next steps.

1) make a back up with iCloud (don’t use iTunes to make a back up could be a software issue and of you make a iTunes back up iT takes your info,the software and the software error in the back up)

2) go to settings->iCloud-> and deactivated your Find My iPhone function by entering your Apple id password.

3) Connect your device with iTunes program on your pc/mac by using the lightning cable.

4) Then Restore your device so it gets a clean installation of the newest version of IOS.

5) after that treinstaking your device and restore iT with your iCloud back up.

6) test your device a few days to see what the battery does now.

Apr 11, 2018 5:06 PM in response to Louie Parent

Ditto. My 6S phone was working well enough before 11.3 -- now it's draining from 100% to 1% with just a couple hours of usage, especially if I'm using an app with location services. What's really odd is when it gets to 1% it can give me at least another hour of usage (even location svcs-enabled apps) -- I got 90 minutes the other day, and it still hadn't shut down. I'm trying to run it completely out tonight and see if that helps.

I think it's less a battery problem than a battery MEASUREMENT problem -- but the upshot is the same. After all, I wouldn't want to drive a car that runs down to E quickly, only to give me another 150 miles on E ... because how am I supposed to know?

Like you, I hope this is fixed with 11.3.1. Let's get on the stick, Apple.

Im using iphone 6. Yesterday i updated my device to ios 11.3. Battery drain too fast now. Confused ☹️

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.