Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.4 drain battery fast

I’ve updated my iphone 6s to iOS 11.4 and it’s started to drain my battery from 100% to 6% within 12 hours

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 7, 2018 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2018 9:45 AM

It was a good battery life on iOS 11.3.1 . From the day I’ve updated my device to iOS 11.4 is started to drain my battery. i could find many people with the new battery facing the same problem. So replacing a battery is not solution. Apple need a software update to fix this issu.

I’ve recently found a temporary fix until Apple address this issue. All u need to do is resetting network settings. Go to network settings under Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. After this you will need to add your Wifi networks again. This should solve the drain issues. Connect your device to 2.5ghz instead of 5ghz it’s will save the battery more

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2018 9:45 AM in response to BlueJay7Plus

It was a good battery life on iOS 11.3.1 . From the day I’ve updated my device to iOS 11.4 is started to drain my battery. i could find many people with the new battery facing the same problem. So replacing a battery is not solution. Apple need a software update to fix this issu.

I’ve recently found a temporary fix until Apple address this issue. All u need to do is resetting network settings. Go to network settings under Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. After this you will need to add your Wifi networks again. This should solve the drain issues. Connect your device to 2.5ghz instead of 5ghz it’s will save the battery more

Jun 9, 2018 7:29 AM in response to Foracct

Hello Foracct,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with battery life on your iPhone. To help resolve this issue, please follow steps from these resources, like optimizing settings and checking battery usage. Then restart your iPhone as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

iPhone Battery and Performance
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Jun 10, 2018 10:06 AM in response to Foracct

Hi there. Have you checked your background refresh apps? Is there anything in your settings that you’ve changed since you’ve updated?usually the problems are :screen brightness,background refresh apps,Siri suggestions,not closing apps,if you go to battery settings and battery health,what percentage is it on?if your using your phone constantly for the duration of those 12hours the battery will drain!games,social network they will drain your battery

Jun 10, 2018 10:13 AM in response to Foracct

Hi again Foracct have you contacted Apple support about this issue I think the main reason that your battery is draining is because of how that big iPhone 6s battery draining issue that was a few months ago I think your phone was one of the effected phones I know some people with iPhone 6s that have that issue and some of them are getting new phones but you could go to the closest Apple store!

iOS 11.4 drain battery fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.