Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why there is no warning for low battery level?

We *need* to have an alert pop up message to let us know that battery levels are low instead of nothing and see our mouse dead all of a sudden and not being able to work for several hours!

Posted on Apr 2, 2018 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2018 6:42 AM

Thank you.

I have the icon already but too small to notice and I am sure I am not the only one.

We need something like on iPhones when you reach 20% of your battery. At least, you have a clear reminder.

11 replies

Apr 2, 2018 6:02 AM in response to CedricfromJapan

Hello Cedric.

With the Magic mouse 2 you will get a warning when it is down to about 5%. That is enough for you to work a whole day plus before your mouse goes to sleep.

On top of that, if you put the mouse on charge it will charge sufficiently for a two to three days in 5 minutes.

Which means you can make a cup of coffee and it will be sufficiently charged until you can give it a full charge overnight.

The maximum charging time for a full charge is roughly 2 and a half hours and you can leave it on overnight safely. It is self governing.

Apr 2, 2018 7:45 AM in response to CedricfromJapan

On thing you could do (because it is more noticeable) would be to enter a reminder in your calendar app. Have it on a monthly basis (since the mouse should last much longer than that) and set it for the time when you normally finish work. Do it as a repeat two days running. That should ensure you get adequate warning.

Apple have been told about this but they seem to think that the length of time the mouse will go (and how quickly it will charge to give a couple of days work) that it isn't necessary. Why not send them a note in their feedback columns.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/magicmouse.html

Apr 9, 2018 1:01 AM in response to seventy one

Thank you, seventy one, for your helpful suggestions and advice. With the Magic Mouse I have on a macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4 (17E199) the Magic Mouse 2 just stopped responding. No notices or warning like with earlier mice and other keyboards. At first I thought it was the Bluetooth signal but after some hunting it came up that the mouse battery was dead. This was a first for me.

My Magic Mouse 2 is at 89% in a little over an hour. I bought a plug in Apple mouse just for those occasions when Bluetooth signals give out. Fortunately the plug in mouse worked for the dead battery on the Magic Mouse 2 as well. I will admit I am very unorganized and lose track of time and the accessories at my disposal. I survive and those times make for great adventures in learning for me.

I did send in feedback as you suggested to Apple about this issue.

I noitced that there was some griping on other forums about the recharge/plug in portal being on the bottom of the Magic Mouse. I do admit is does stop the use of the Magic Mouse while it is recharging. I do not like to complain, but rather would prefer to wait for solutions from Apple or other experts like yourself. I'm sure they are aware of the placement and there may be a reason for why it is placed there. I read of one opinion that it is design over operation.

Please keep your expertise in the forums. Thank you.

Apr 9, 2018 1:15 AM in response to Don_What

Yes, the design over operation argument is often used against Apple products ... and there may be 'just the tiniest' justification this time. It doesn't trouble me in the least, indeed I have been involved in some decidedly sharp exchanges on the subject.

The repeating reminder in calendar is your best option.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Why there is no warning for low battery level?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.