Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime instantly dropping calls - MacOS

I have been recently having issues when connecting to a call using Facetime on my Mid-2012 Macbook Pro (10.10.5), the call instantly drops, it's not a connection issue- but some kind of bug. Does anybody have any decent troubleshooting tips? These common guides are really of no help: Get help with FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support, If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Couple things that I noticed; this issue cropped up around the same time I performed a SSD upgrade to my mac, and I could not find a .plist file for Facetime..

Let the suggestions begin- thanks for your time and help!

Pete

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 13" Mid-2012, 2.9GHz, 8GB RAM

Posted on Apr 2, 2018 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2018 4:28 PM

Carolyn, thanks for that link, that's a good page that I haven't seen until now.

I figured out what my issue was, for anybody who may run into the same problem. I had recently installed Pro Tools software and without knowing my Facetime app was using "Pro Tools Aggregate I/O" as the microphone.

2 replies

Facetime instantly dropping calls - MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.