Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Photos Not Showing in iTunes

I have the latest version of iTunes 12.7.3 with Windows 7. My iPhone 6 with iOS 11.2.6 is detected when I plug it in. I can sync, do backups, and restore from backups. However, photos are not listed as one of items under my device in the left pane. Why is "Photos" not shown and how can it get it to show up. I did confirm that iTunes had backed up my photos and was able to the restore them. I agree with the other comments about how confusing the iTunes interface is. It has gotten steadily worse over the years.

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 3, 2018 2:19 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for all that information, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. I apologize for not making my question clear enough. The problem is that the "Photos" item under the connected device (iPhone) settings list in iTunes is not shown. My photos (presumably Camera Roll only) are being synced, backed up, and can be restored, so maybe I shouldn't complain, but what I'm seeing on iTunes with my computer does not jive with the myriad of instructions I've encountered from this and other sources.

iPhone Photos Not Showing in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.