Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Photos option in Itunes

I am probably missing something obvious but every thing I've read online suggests I that when I plug iphone into my I mac I should be able to view my photos in Itunes. However I only see these options.User uploaded file Am I over looking something?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Jun 2, 2018 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2018 9:53 PM

Coloradogordo wrote:

every thing I've read online suggests I that when I plug iphone into my I mac I should be able to view my photos in Itunes.

You can view your photos ... but not in iTunes.

Check this area:

User uploaded file

Perhaps your photos are viewable in the Photos app. It would depend on the sync instructions you have set up under the Photos area I have shown above.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2018 9:53 PM in response to Coloradogordo

Coloradogordo wrote:

every thing I've read online suggests I that when I plug iphone into my I mac I should be able to view my photos in Itunes.

You can view your photos ... but not in iTunes.

Check this area:

User uploaded file

Perhaps your photos are viewable in the Photos app. It would depend on the sync instructions you have set up under the Photos area I have shown above.

Jul 7, 2018 1:48 PM in response to Coloradogordo

Sorry, this won't help, but may provide moral support. I have the same situation, as, evidently , have many users. There are responses to the same question going back years. Every answer says in effect "Click the device icon, then the photos tab", ignoring the question which clearly states the photos tab simply isn't there.

I want to move photos from a Windows 10 PC to an iPad4 mini. I expected this to take five minutes. Two days later, I still can't get iTunes to show any photos tab. The photos are NOT in iCloud, whatever that is. They are on a PC hard drive. I need them to be on the iPad. Please can anyone explain how to achieve this?

No Photos option in Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.