Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match won't update on iPhone

Coincidence or not, since I installed iOS 11.3, iTunes Match won't automatically update on my iPhone 8 when I add new music to my iCloud music library via iTunes. The only thing that works is turning off iCloud Music Library in Settings and turning it back on every time -- which is tedious and results in the deletion of most of the music I'd downloaded to the phone.

I've tried quitting all apps and restarting the phone, which doesn't make any difference.

I'd be grateful for any help -- thanks!

iPhone 8, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 4, 2018 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2018 6:12 PM

Hi ralphiebaby,

I understand that iCloud Music Library isn't updating properly on your iPhone when you add new music via iTunes. You've found a temporary solution by toggling iCloud Music Library off/on in Settings, but I know it's important to have iTunes Match working correctly without a workaround. I'd be glad to help out.

As a next step, I recommend that you sign out of your Apple ID completely, then remove and reinstall the Music app from your iPhone. To sign out, navigate to Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap on the Apple ID at the top of this page, then choose "sign out". Once you're done, follow the steps below to remove and reinstall the Music app:

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support
Once you're done, you can sign back in under Settings > iTunes & App Store and test for the issue once more. Keep in mind that this process will clear all locally-stored music content from your device.
Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2018 6:12 PM in response to ralphiebaby

Hi ralphiebaby,

I understand that iCloud Music Library isn't updating properly on your iPhone when you add new music via iTunes. You've found a temporary solution by toggling iCloud Music Library off/on in Settings, but I know it's important to have iTunes Match working correctly without a workaround. I'd be glad to help out.

As a next step, I recommend that you sign out of your Apple ID completely, then remove and reinstall the Music app from your iPhone. To sign out, navigate to Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap on the Apple ID at the top of this page, then choose "sign out". Once you're done, follow the steps below to remove and reinstall the Music app:

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support
Once you're done, you can sign back in under Settings > iTunes & App Store and test for the issue once more. Keep in mind that this process will clear all locally-stored music content from your device.
Cheers.

iTunes Match won't update on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.