Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 update will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS upgrade.

This happens with the with the current DisplayLink driver [4.1] installed. Does Apple plan to address this and when can we expect a fix?

Message was edited by: jcoley625

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), null

Posted on Apr 4, 2018 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2018 10:59 AM

I'm having a similar problem that might be related.

When using an application that records video (like Facebook Live, or BeLive TV) and the Chrome browser I am experiencing monitor blackouts with my iMac that last for about 15-45 seconds, or sometimes more. I did not experience this with 10.3.3.

I do have an external monitor connected, and both the iMac and the external monitor blank out.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2018 10:59 AM in response to jcoley625

I'm having a similar problem that might be related.

When using an application that records video (like Facebook Live, or BeLive TV) and the Chrome browser I am experiencing monitor blackouts with my iMac that last for about 15-45 seconds, or sometimes more. I did not experience this with 10.3.3.

I do have an external monitor connected, and both the iMac and the external monitor blank out.

Apr 7, 2018 12:37 PM in response to jcoley625

The answer is 'No, NEVER'. Apple again forces industry to adopt new standards without taking in consideration consumers preferences. With this move Apple push USB C as the only means to connect devices to a computer and put in the death row other standards like DP, HDMI, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, VGA, Mini Display Port, and others. Good job!!!

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 update will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.