Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone X stuck on FaceTime call ending

i was facetime audio calling a contact but my phone got stuck on call ending. I am on ios 11.3 on my iphone x. It doesnt allow me to shutdown or restart

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Apr 5, 2018 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 10:23 AM

I have this very same issue - it tells me one cal is ending and another one was declined. I cannot reboot my iphoneX in the regular way (i.e. holding volume up and right side button at the same time) - it takes me to phone app, which won't quit. I can start Settings app, but I cannot scroll all the way down in the settings, so i the setting you are referring to is beyond reach. In fact, I cannot open any setting in the Settings app, it seems like it is frozen too. I can force quit and reopen the Settings app all in vain with same exact result. Please advise.

134 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2018 10:23 AM in response to julieda

I have this very same issue - it tells me one cal is ending and another one was declined. I cannot reboot my iphoneX in the regular way (i.e. holding volume up and right side button at the same time) - it takes me to phone app, which won't quit. I can start Settings app, but I cannot scroll all the way down in the settings, so i the setting you are referring to is beyond reach. In fact, I cannot open any setting in the Settings app, it seems like it is frozen too. I can force quit and reopen the Settings app all in vain with same exact result. Please advise.

May 6, 2018 6:28 AM in response to kennysingh

Had same issues, Im using tmobile with this iphone x , and this is my third iphone x .

I tried hard reset, deleting FaceTime apps, reset all networks and contant ,swap new phone from apple store ,set it as new user ...

I got this phone 2days ago at apple store, now it dose the same thing with FaceTime calls... please help! FaceTime was the only benefit that I m choosing iphone...

Jan 2, 2019 4:56 PM in response to PMacNeill

Same issue just happened with my son’s Xr. Phone locked up during a FaceTime call and continued to ring. No buttons or apps would work or respond....just constant FaceTime ringing (very annoying). We used the the quick up vol button/down volume then right button trick to power it down as this thread suggested as our solution

Jul 24, 2019 3:01 PM in response to Babrita

Not knowing what version of iPhone that you have, and you seem to have some issues with the newer way to reset your phone, see if this explanation helps.

If your screen is black or frozen, you might need to force restart your device. A force restart won't erase the content on your device. You can force restart your device even if the screen is black or the buttons aren't responding. Follow these steps:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until the device restarts.
  • iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Volume Down button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. 
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

May 1, 2018 7:50 PM in response to derekfromvinton

Derek, I SO agree with you! We have two iPhone X’s and have run into the problem on both devices. What wasn’t good is one day I was in a rush, threw my phone in my purse, then over two hours later I realized my call was still “ending”. I had missed three very important business calls, which created the need for immediate damage control! It hasn’t happened in about a week and some change, so hopefully it was a sketchy period. Weird that we all had the same problem at the same time, but never before.....

Phone X stuck on FaceTime call ending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.