Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.3 does not allow to select albums from Photoshop Elements in iTunes

I always used to upload a selection of Photoshop Elements v.13 catalog albums to my iPhone 7+ on iOS's prior to 11.1.2. I have more than 160 albums and 50.000 images in my Photoshop Elements Collection and had a selection of about 50 albums and some 20.000 images on my iPhone.

My PC is a i7 - Windows 10 Pro - 64bit, with 16GB RAM running on a 500GB SSD OS HDD.

In November 2017 I wrote:

"after several weeks inactivity I wanted to upload a new album to my iPhone using iTunes, but to my surprise and frustration I noticed iTunes only allows to upload ALL PHOTOS and ALBUMS!! The radio button Selected albums is greyed out!!! After pressing the 'Sync' button iTunes errormessage pops up saying: "The iPhone "iPhone 7+" cannot be synced. The required folder cannot be found. "

Then iOS update 11.2 came out and I could again sync my photos as I wanted, by choosing Photoshop Elements from the list of options and then select the albums I wanted to have on my iPhone.

Then iOS update 11.2.1 came out and the problem came back.

Now iOS update 11.3 came out and the problem has not been resolved.

Please Apple, correct this nasty bug in your next iOS update and let us return to the situation prior to iOS 11.1.2 where Photoshop Elements users could upload their images to their iPhone using the Photoshop Elements catalog albums!!!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.3, iTunes 12.7.4.76 - Adobe PSE 13

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 11:01 AM

Thank you Denise for your reply, but I found the culprit at last.
It was not the iOS i suspected for a long time but iTunes!!!
From iTunes version 12.7 and later the feature of Photoshop Elements support does not work anymore.

2 long chats with Apple senior support agents (couldn't help me but their answers gave me a direction to look into...) and some Internet searches made me try to test older iTunes versions before contacting Adobe support.
After several downloads of versions 12.7.4, 12.7.2, 12.7.1 I tried 12.6.2.20 and behold, it worked!!
If others here like to download this specific version that is compatible with iOS 11.3 then download it from Filehorse

HTH

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2018 11:01 AM in response to Denise Woodcock

Thank you Denise for your reply, but I found the culprit at last.
It was not the iOS i suspected for a long time but iTunes!!!
From iTunes version 12.7 and later the feature of Photoshop Elements support does not work anymore.

2 long chats with Apple senior support agents (couldn't help me but their answers gave me a direction to look into...) and some Internet searches made me try to test older iTunes versions before contacting Adobe support.
After several downloads of versions 12.7.4, 12.7.2, 12.7.1 I tried 12.6.2.20 and behold, it worked!!
If others here like to download this specific version that is compatible with iOS 11.3 then download it from Filehorse

HTH

Apr 6, 2018 4:41 AM in response to sjakie 4U

I have Windows 10 with a 7+ and that option isn't greyed out for me, although I do manually manage my devices so as to ensure I can select what is going on to my devices.

But I do have to select just one main folder on my PC to synch, and am then offered either 'all folders' or 'selected folders'. Choosing selected folders then lists all the sub folders in my Pictures Folder so perhaps you need to copy your Photoshop Elements stuff into the main Pictures Folder and select that way? Hope that works for you.

iOS 11.3 does not allow to select albums from Photoshop Elements in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.