Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to download all my photos from iCloud to PC

Hi

I am a novice at icloud and desperately need help. I would like to download all photos and videos of my photo library to my Windows PC.

I have installed iCloud on my PC and if I select "Download photos", I get a window with the message

"Your photo and video library is being prepared. It may take a while to prepare a large library for the first time..."

How do I know if this is downloading? I did this yesterday, however it is still coming up with the same message. There is no bar that indicates at what percent the download is at? I just want to download all my photos onto my PC and it is just extremely difficult. can anyone offer some advice on how to do this?

Thank you kindly

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 10:59 AM

Since you access iCloud via the Internet, your ISP-provided upload & download speeds play a major part in how quickly you can both upload and download photos & videos from the iCloud Photo Library. What is stored there are the full-resolution versions of each of these types of media.

The message you are getting reflects the current status of the photos in iCloud. Depending on the number of photos/videos you store there this is not going to be a quick process, especially if this is the first time you upload or download all of the contents from there.

You may find the following articles helpful:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2018 10:59 AM in response to magic_daisy_75

Since you access iCloud via the Internet, your ISP-provided upload & download speeds play a major part in how quickly you can both upload and download photos & videos from the iCloud Photo Library. What is stored there are the full-resolution versions of each of these types of media.

The message you are getting reflects the current status of the photos in iCloud. Depending on the number of photos/videos you store there this is not going to be a quick process, especially if this is the first time you upload or download all of the contents from there.

You may find the following articles helpful:

I am trying to download all my photos from iCloud to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.