Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID asks for old email address password

This only seems to happen when I install updates. When the Mac restarts, the app store opens and I'm logged in with my current email address, but a window pops up asking me to login with an old email...

I have ignored and thought I might find a reference to that old email address within my Apple ID account, but I can't find any reference to it... There's something on my computer still hanging onto it though..

Any ideas how to get rid of this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Apr 7, 2018 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2018 10:45 AM

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired.

Also you can check your purchases history to see what is installed that wasn't downloaded using your current ID.

Purchases - Hiding/Unhiding

Purchase History Review

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2018 10:45 AM in response to beanwalls

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired.

Also you can check your purchases history to see what is installed that wasn't downloaded using your current ID.

Purchases - Hiding/Unhiding

Purchase History Review

Apple ID asks for old email address password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.