Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to sync photos after iOS 11.3 update

After updating my iPhone 6s to iOS 11.3, I am unable to sync any photos over to it from my Mac. Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution?

5k iMac

MacOS 10.13.3

iTunes 12.7.4

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 7, 2018 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 8:36 PM

Check the "Sync Photos" page in iTunes and be certain it's set up properly.

User uploaded file

8 replies

Apr 7, 2018 1:38 PM in response to mbta3247

Yes, I had this happen also. I had an album with 2 folders that would not sync. I tried everything--when I unchecked the album and put checkmarks for the 2 folders, it worked. Don't know if this will help you, but Demo steered me to another post with photo trouble after iTunes 12.7.4, so that update seems to be the issue. Try changing the way you have the photos checked--it worked for me. To clarify, I was doing my sync through iTunes.

Apr 9, 2018 8:27 PM in response to sberman

In response to your three questions, yes, no, and no.

After further testing, I think this is actually an iTunes issue, as it won't properly sync photos to an iPad running iOS 10 either (it seems to be syncing at least some of the photos, which show up under Collections on the iPad, but not the albums they're in)

Jun 19, 2018 7:11 PM in response to sberman

No such screen with 10.13.5 and iTunes 12.7.5.9. I have 80,529 photos on my iPad Pro 10.5, v11.4, same in iCloud Photos, but have 80,276 on my iPhone X, v11.4, with another line saying uploading 82,675 items (not paused). In iTunes for Mac, the iPhone X horizontal bar graph shows there are 118,502 photos using 13.1 GB of 256 GB. I assume these are optimized photos to take up so little space. The 80,276 & 82,675 values have not changed in a quite a while. I have 1.4 TB of Cloud storage remaining, so space is not an issue. Any help here?

MacBook Pro (15", late 2016), 2.9 GHz Intel I7, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, High Sierra 10.13.5

Jul 17, 2018 5:31 PM in response to sberman

Been there, done that, rebuilt the Photos Library... when I un-sync the 'sync photos' it doesn't remove one photo from the iPhone! I do not use iCloud for my Photos and don't plan to either... and when I try to get 'folders' to sync, none of the photos will transfer either! All I've been able to do is erase my entire iPhone and then restore it from scratch and put all the Apps back on and blah blah blah... not going to happen again.

unable to sync photos after iOS 11.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.