Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Onedrive does not work in Safari

OneDrive won't work on Safari. I can sign in and browse files but the Download, New Folder, Delete etc. buttons don't work. Works perfectly in Firefox but I prefer using Safari which has password support etc. I have checked preferences, extensions and plugins but have been unable to see problems there. I have also disabled the ABP ad-blocker that I use. Any ideas where I can go next to get this fixed?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13), IOS 11 on the mobile devices

Posted on Apr 8, 2018 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 2:48 AM

Hallo Eric, Thank you for the advice. I rebooted in Safe Mode and OneDrive worked fine in Safari. After a normal restart it also worked properly again in Safari. Seems the problem is solved. Perhaps the cleanup thats done in Safe Mode startup eradicated whatever the problem was. I really appreciate your comprehensive advice and salute your knowledge and consideration.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2018 2:48 AM in response to Eric Root

Hallo Eric, Thank you for the advice. I rebooted in Safe Mode and OneDrive worked fine in Safari. After a normal restart it also worked properly again in Safari. Seems the problem is solved. Perhaps the cleanup thats done in Safe Mode startup eradicated whatever the problem was. I really appreciate your comprehensive advice and salute your knowledge and consideration.

Apr 8, 2018 7:59 AM in response to Rocleaner

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

May 1, 2018 5:40 PM in response to Rocleaner

FWIW, I've had this problem for a while as well. Onedrive used to work fine under Safari but mysteriously stopped doing so fairly recently.

I suspected that this might be a "Safari Extension" issue, so I went into "Preferences" and disabled all of my Safari Extensions. I went back to the Onedrive tab in Safari, hit refresh, and Onedrive was working fine again.

I then selectively re-enabled my "Safari Extensions" one by one and was able to determine that the "DuckDuckGo" extension was the one which was causing the problem. I noticed that there was a newer version available of the DuckDuckGo extension available so I updated and after updating was able to continue keeping Onedrive working as well.

Hopefully this will help the next person who experiences this issue.

May 2, 2018 1:17 AM in response to edwarr

Thanks edwarr. While the suggestion provided by Eric worked initially, I found that the problem returned later. It seems to be ok for a while after a reboot. Just have not had time to look further as it works in Firefox. I confirmed your findings that the cause of it seems to be the DuckDuckGo extension. I removed it and reinstalled it and the version that was installed is dated 2018.2.7. The problem is however not resolved by the latest update. So I still have the problem with the combination of OneDrive and the DuckDuckGo extension.

Onedrive does not work in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.