Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not loading pages

Hi,

I am having trouble with my Safari. IT cannot load any web pages, the blue loading bar is hanging on in the middle. On the other hand, it works with Chrome and it does work when I create a new user.

So far, I have tried without success to:

• delete cache, cookies etc...
  • Delete website data in preferences > privacy

This started to happen after I had a permission issue by copying a file from a usb stick. Suddenly my Mac was asking for authentication all the time and all my folders were unable to access. I had to manually changed the permissions of the home folder to fix that.

Note: I also have trouble to access my NAS via smb procotcole. The connection is taking really long.

Any help would be welcomed as it is really frustrating.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 14, 2019 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2019 6:42 AM

Reset Home folder Permissions

Safari can’t open a website

Safari – slow page loads

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues

Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

Web Content not responding

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information    10.10 and later

Similar questions

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2019 6:42 AM in response to Romanzo_Criminale

Reset Home folder Permissions

Safari can’t open a website

Safari – slow page loads

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues

Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

Web Content not responding

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information    10.10 and later

May 14, 2019 3:44 AM in response to Romanzo_Criminale

Restart the router.

Startup in Safe Mode.    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Launch Safari and test.

Restart normally by clicking the “Restart” button at the bottom.

Turn off extensions and test.

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/use-safari-extensions-sfri32508/mac

May 19, 2019 7:18 PM in response to Romanzo_Criminale

There may be a problem with your Apple ID or possibly the use of your ID on the computer (for some reason the computer is blocked). I suggest contacting Apple ID Support to see if there is a problem on Apple's side given the number of places you are having problems using your ID.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Safari not loading pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.