Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

latest itunes update won't install

latest itunes update won't load same problem as others have 12.7.4.76 doesn't work.. tried repair , uninstall , now won't install. 2 year old Dell, win 10 latest upgrades, everything else on computer works.. Latest updates did load on my other win 10 computer correctly

Posted on Apr 8, 2018 7:37 PM

7 replies

Apr 9, 2018 5:21 PM in response to alafaa

Hello alafaa,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are unable to update or install iTunes on your Windows PC. You've come to the right place for help.

The following support article has some troubleshooting steps relevant to your issue:

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

You may also want to confirm that all related iTunes components have been uninstalled before reinstalling iTunes:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Keep us posted with what happens after trying those steps.

Best regards!

Apr 9, 2018 7:44 PM in response to alafaa

Any error message you can share to better direct advice?

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 10, 2018 5:10 AM in response to turingtest2

did all the steps to uninstall, reinstall in order--my user account shows my name, email, administrator as my account type. doesn't install.. Msg----folder iTunes is on a locked disk and you do not have write permission for this folder. ITunes worked fine for years before this last update. Everything else works on computer.

I'm a super senior, not a geek type, so I'm going to try one more time and forget it. See if I can install the older version. ITunes works on my 2nd win 10 computer.

May 17, 2018 10:37 AM in response to turingtest2

FYI-follow up. iTunes 12.7.3.46 stopped working also. I only use tunes to download podcasts . It downloads the header of each but won't do the rest of the cast. downloaded the latest iTunes update yesterday xx.80? and everything works perfectly!!!!. So thanks for the help, thought I'd let you know.

Different question---how do you get itunes to load all the ipod contents over to a different computer #2 computer. On the 2nd computer it only shows purchased music, not podcasts, or my own loaded music. Tried loading files, folders to library but something isn't working. Is there a inst page to start from scratch?

Thanks

latest itunes update won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.