Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live Photo as wallpaper going black?

Hi, I own an iPhone 7 and recently I’ve wanted to set a Live Photo as my wallpaper. I can set it as my wallpaper, and it the previews it is a Live Photo, however, once it is my wallpaper and I hard press to try and see it, it just goes black. Is there any way I can fix this? I have tried restarting my phone and different ways to set my wallpaper.

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 12:06 PM

How did you save it as Wallpaper? If by the conventional means of going to Settings > Wallpaper try a different approach

Go to your photo folder. Choose the live photo you want to use. Use the bottom left square with the up arrow. Slide the bottom row of option to the left and tap Use as Wallpaper.

See if that works better.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2018 12:06 PM in response to loliemi

How did you save it as Wallpaper? If by the conventional means of going to Settings > Wallpaper try a different approach

Go to your photo folder. Choose the live photo you want to use. Use the bottom left square with the up arrow. Slide the bottom row of option to the left and tap Use as Wallpaper.

See if that works better.

Live Photo as wallpaper going black?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.