Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceBook on Safari...

I'm running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4 on a 2016 MacBook Pro 256 GB.

Safari is at: Version 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.2)

I have a personal FaceBook page and am administrator of another. I belong to various other private groups, as well. Two days ago (while Zuckerberg was in Congress:-), my personal page started acting strange. I only get two posts on my personal FB page and a line at the bottom (More Stories) that does nothing. I can refresh the page and I'll get anything new on my feed, but only two. All other FaceBook group pages, including the one I administrate, work properly. I've installed FireFox and my personal FB page works properly. I've searched through the settings on Safari but can see nothing that could be causing my problem. Additionally, my personal FB page works properly on my iPhone.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Apr 12, 2018 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2018 9:09 AM

Most reports like this turn out to be an incompatibility of the Dashlane Safari extension with the new version of Safari. Disable that extension if you have it installed and try again. Historically, extension developers seem to be the slowest to react to a new version of Safari.

If you do not have Dashlane installed, please post a configuration snapshot so we can look for other known third-party software conflicts. Fortunately there is a safe and secure way to do that.

A respected and long-serving member of these communities has created a simple utility that will take that "snapshot" of your configuration without revealing any sensitive information about you and your computer. It only runs when you tell it to, not in the background, and therefore creates no performance penalties. It is Etrecheck, and is available here:

http://etrecheck.com/

Run it and, when its results display, select "Report" from the left-hand pane (scroll down), then click Etrecheck's "Share Report" icon followed by "Copy Report" from the resulting dropdown. Paste the entire report into a response to your own thread here. It will often allow us to quickly identify or eliminate software as the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2018 9:09 AM in response to pjd1952

Most reports like this turn out to be an incompatibility of the Dashlane Safari extension with the new version of Safari. Disable that extension if you have it installed and try again. Historically, extension developers seem to be the slowest to react to a new version of Safari.

If you do not have Dashlane installed, please post a configuration snapshot so we can look for other known third-party software conflicts. Fortunately there is a safe and secure way to do that.

A respected and long-serving member of these communities has created a simple utility that will take that "snapshot" of your configuration without revealing any sensitive information about you and your computer. It only runs when you tell it to, not in the background, and therefore creates no performance penalties. It is Etrecheck, and is available here:

http://etrecheck.com/

Run it and, when its results display, select "Report" from the left-hand pane (scroll down), then click Etrecheck's "Share Report" icon followed by "Copy Report" from the resulting dropdown. Paste the entire report into a response to your own thread here. It will often allow us to quickly identify or eliminate software as the problem.

FaceBook on Safari...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.