Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Blinking green light

I've had BRAND NEW Airpods LESS then 1 month. 1st week no problems, AFTER 1st week they they weren't transferring when getting out of work or personal truck and vice versa. Then 2 nights ago in bed noticed Airpods case had a blinking green light blinking 5 times. I Googled and found only 3 LEGITIMATE posts and not 1 had a solution or answer OTHER THEN "call AppleCare." I talked to AppleCare and they have NOTHING on this so I assume it's a BRAND NEW problem? ALSO don't know IF related but the Airpods screen that pops up when open AirPod case lid was a exclamation sign "❗"

Anyways Apple is shipping a new pair of Airpods that should be be here today or tomorrow.

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2018 3:30 AM

This sort of thing shouldn't happen too often but if it does, you can factory reset the airpods. Put them both in the case [without closing the lid] then press and hold the pairing button on the back of the case. It should start blinking white, BUT KEEP HOLDING THE BUTTON for about 15 seconds until it switches to blinking orange [or red, whatever you want to call it]. Your airpods are now reset and should work again. Be aware that this will cause the airpods to forget all devices they were previously connected with, so unfortunately you'll have to start from scratch for all devices as if your airpods are new out of the box.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2018 3:30 AM in response to BigBill23

This sort of thing shouldn't happen too often but if it does, you can factory reset the airpods. Put them both in the case [without closing the lid] then press and hold the pairing button on the back of the case. It should start blinking white, BUT KEEP HOLDING THE BUTTON for about 15 seconds until it switches to blinking orange [or red, whatever you want to call it]. Your airpods are now reset and should work again. Be aware that this will cause the airpods to forget all devices they were previously connected with, so unfortunately you'll have to start from scratch for all devices as if your airpods are new out of the box.

Airpods Blinking green light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.