Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac stuck at startup after update.

Hello, i really need help, i don't want to lose my data. I got a Mac Mini 2014 and updated to the latest version of macOS high sierra. When i boot by pressing power button, apple logo appears and 15 minutes later the bar gets fully loaded. It won't move anymore once completed. And btw there IS NOT a startup sound. HERE'S WHAT TRIED ALREADY - tried getting into Recovery and Time Machine but it's keep saying "Searching for backups" and then it's stuck on searching.

Also tried First aid from disk utility. Nothing.

I reset PRAM too.

Tried running Safe Boot but it wont work. I need to turn on my mac, please help. And i need my files. I don't want to restore before i get my files. Any ideas // methods?

User uploaded file

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), os, apple stuck, won't startup

Posted on Apr 15, 2018 1:03 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 16, 2018 11:46 AM in response to Doreteho

Hello Doreteho,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble booting up your Mac, and I have some information that may help.

You've done some great troubleshooting so far. You mentioned that you tried First Aid in macOS Recovery. What happened when you tried this step?

Have a look at the articles below for more information on using Disk Utility in macOS Recovery.

About macOS Recovery - Apple Support
Repair a disk using Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support
If you're not able to repair your disk, you can also accessing your Mac Mini hard driving using Target Disk Mode from another Mac that's updated to High Sierra. See macOS Sierra: Transfer files between two computers using target disk mode.

If the behavior persists or you run into any trouble, please reach out again.

​Best Regards.

Mac stuck at startup after update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.