Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to take a photo from video on iPhone?

Hello,

It seems to me I used to be able to capture still images from iPhone video using this method:

Just pause the video where you want to take the picture and quickly press the home and sleep buttons simultaneously. The screen will turn white and the shutter release sound will be heard ... The image will appear in your camera roll.

***BUT*** this method is now giving me images with the giant PLAY ARROW in the middle of the picture ... which obviously ruins the picture. HELP!

I'm a dance teacher and need to get stills from my iphone video.

Small iPhone running iOS 11.3

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5), null

Posted on Apr 18, 2018 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2018 11:15 AM

OK ... I think I answered my own question ...

1. Go to the video in camera roll

2. Hit EDIT

3. Scrub through the frames until you find a good one

4. take the screenshot by pressing home+off button

Scrubbing is not as accurate as pausing ... and you still get an image with the "edit band" across the bottom ... but that's a little better than the giant PLAY ARROW. So I guess my original question still stands ... is there a way to get the screen shot from a paused video WITHOUT the annoying play arrow ruining the image?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2018 11:15 AM in response to nkatsikaris

OK ... I think I answered my own question ...

1. Go to the video in camera roll

2. Hit EDIT

3. Scrub through the frames until you find a good one

4. take the screenshot by pressing home+off button

Scrubbing is not as accurate as pausing ... and you still get an image with the "edit band" across the bottom ... but that's a little better than the giant PLAY ARROW. So I guess my original question still stands ... is there a way to get the screen shot from a paused video WITHOUT the annoying play arrow ruining the image?

How to take a photo from video on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.