Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems With CNBC Live Streaming To Apple TV

CNBC is my favorite TV channel and I've watched it many hours each day ever since it was first broadcast. I turn it on first in the morning at my home (hard wired thru ATT Uverse - works fine) while I get ready for work, then listen to it while I drive to work on Sirus XM, then watch it all day at my office while I work. For years, since I don't have a TV connection at the office, I streamed it via Wifi to Apple TV. Then about a year ago I started having all sorts of problems. The image would freeze, or pixelate, and I'd have to re-start it. Other times I would have to completely log back in thru my streaming provider (Att Uverse), which takes time I need to be devoting to other things.

My first thought was my ISP provider was the problem. So I raised **** with them, because I thought their signal had become unreliable. They proved that not to be the case. Then I replaced my router. That didn't help either. Then I bought a new Apple TV box. That didn't help either. Then I moved my office, and got a new Internet/Wifi provider. Same problem.

Then I called CNBC Help Line 877-280-4548 and spoke with a person there. They said they would get right on the problem. The service never improved, still constant freezing and frequent total drop, where I had to log back in to Uverse where I have my home bundle. I called CNBC help line multiple times thereafter and they agreed that they had a problem sending their signal to Apple TV, but didn't indicate that they would do anything about it.

I asked one of the people with whom I spoke at CNBC as to what other streaming device might actually work with CNBC, and said that I would gladly buy one so I could get back to how things were in the past when streaming CNBC worked great. She said she used an Amazon Fire Stick device and it worked great. I bought a new one of those (the most expensive one), only to find out that there is no "live streaming" option on Fire Stick, so now I don't trust anything CNBC help line tells me.

You would think that with as many Apple TV devices as are out there, CNBC would fix the problem so that we can actually stream CNBC Live. That really disappoints me about a channel for which I've always had great respect, until just recently.

Also, I wonder why Apple hasn't contacted CNBC, and asked "How can we help resolve this issue relating to our product, and your broadcast signal?" Come on Apple! I bet it Steve Jobs were still at the helm he would not have hesitated to look into this matter and get it resolved.

AppleTV 2, CNBC TV Streaming Problems

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 5:39 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 19, 2018 8:11 AM in response to rodneyfrommidland

this is a user helping users forum with tech questions you are not addressing apple here

as with apps for computers and iPhones and the sorts apple don't have access to the code the developers only has the intellectual properties, if apple get complaints or notice an app misbehaving they can pull it from app store though

Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

Problems With CNBC Live Streaming To Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.