Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ service is too limited on Apple hardware

Despite having the latest allowed MacOS version (Mojave) on my Mac Pro, the AppleTV app is not permitted. OK, fine, so I use my browser to watch my Apple TV+ service. But there are several stupid things that Apple does:

1. Up Next is missing on Apple TV+ in browser (see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252254151 )
  2. It is all but impossible to find things in the Apple TV+ website, as one can only browse. Unlike EVERY OTHER STREAMING SERVICE, there is no "Continue Watching" the series you started, and no Search for shows on Apple TV+.
  3. The website doesn't work on Apple's browser, Safari. I've found that I must use Firefox if I want to see the whole movie. As many many people have discovered, the movies and series programming stops 5 minutes before the end of each episode, but this bug is not present on iPad. Fortunately, I discovered Firefox works to play the entirety of a movie or episode.

Do they want people to use Apple TV+? And who would pay once their free trial is up, if there's no way to find movies and shows, no way to keep watching where you left off, and no way to watch on Safari, Apple's own browser? It's not like I'm on a Windows PC. I have a Mac Pro with Apple Cinema Display! And that's why I DON'T WANT to watch on my 11-inch iPad, when my screen is 30 inches.

This is not a case of inadequate technology to handle the streaming. The streaming works fine in Firefox, but the website is only a third of what it should be. No one at Apple can figure out how to put the Watch Next and Search functions on the web page???? What's wrong with the web developers at Apple?

Mac Pro

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 2:03 AM

if you update to Catalina on the mac you get the appletv app

other than that you can provide them with feedback Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple TV+ service is too limited on Apple hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.