Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital piano can't be selected as input by Logic Pro X

My Casio CDP-130 digital piano has a USB out through which I have connected it to my iMac. The Audio MIDI Setup utility recognizes it, and the input and output tests are successful. Logic Pro X does not see it in Preferences>Audio>Input Device:. Logic does see it when I create a new External MIDI track, but that is for output.

When I turn the piano on, Logic notifies me: "Changed number of MIDI inputs/outputs. Now I input and I output are available." Then why cant I select the MIDI input?

Thank you for any advice.

Logic Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 1:40 PM

The USB connection is merely a MIDI connection and not audio.

You should be able to control Logic's software instruments by playing on the Casio.

If you want to record the sound of your external piano you need an audio interface and connect the audio outputs on your Casio to the interface's input.

Hope that helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2018 1:40 PM in response to MarkOnMac

The USB connection is merely a MIDI connection and not audio.

You should be able to control Logic's software instruments by playing on the Casio.

If you want to record the sound of your external piano you need an audio interface and connect the audio outputs on your Casio to the interface's input.

Hope that helps.

Digital piano can't be selected as input by Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.