Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto says iPhone is locked, but it isn't?!

I can't import photos from my camera roll onto my Mac because I get a message saying "photos in the camera roll on 'my iPhone' cannot be viewed or imported because the iPhone is locked with a passcode." Yes, I have Touch ID and a passcode, but this has never been an issue before. I'd just plug my phone in, enter my passcode, reply "trust" to the "trust this computer?" prompt, and iPhoto would proceed to load my camera roll. Now, no matter what I do, iPhoto insists my phone is locked. I've unlocked it before plugging it in, I've waited to click "ok" to the "unlock iPhone" prompt before unlocking my phone, and I've rebooted both my phone and my computer. My phone still appears in the Devices tab of iPhoto. The "trust this computer?" alert shows up just fine as soon as I connect my phone, and I always choose "trust", but this seems to have no effect.

I have an iPhone SE running iOS 10.3.2, my Mac is running 10.6.8, and iPhoto is version 7.1.5

YES, I know this is OLD, but updates aren't an option for me right now, and it shouldn't matter anyway. I imported photos perfectly fine a few months ago with the exact same specs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 3:54 AM

You need the most recent iTunes version to be installed on the Mac, to be able to confirm the trust, if your iPhone is using iOS 10. and that requires OS X version 10.10.5 or newer.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhoto says iPhone is locked, but it isn't?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.