Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Error 13010

I am using iTunes on my 2017 MacBook Pro (OS X 10.13.4). I'm an Apple Music subscriber and use iTunes Match. I am hosting my iTunes library on my music folder in my Time Machine, given the size of the library and the size of my MBP hard drive.

Recently I keep on getting iTunes error 13010 - "The iTunes library cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (13010)." It seems to be occurring often when iTunes is downloading music but I can't be certain whether this is the only trigger.

I've drawn a blank with online research; does anyone have any knowledge of what would be causing this and how to solve it?

Many thanks!

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 12:19 AM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2018 9:38 AM in response to beefqueen

Is the iTunes Library.itl file stored on the Time Capsule too, or just the media folder? See Make a split library portable for some background. Although I generally recommend keeping the library in a portable shape in a single location if the media is held on a network share then having the library files stored locally should give better performance.

tt2

Apr 20, 2018 8:59 AM in response to beefqueen

beefqueen wrote:

I am using iTunes on my 2017 MacBook Pro (OS X 10.13.4). I'm an Apple Music subscriber and use iTunes Match. I am hosting my iTunes library on my music folder in my Time Machine, given the size of the library and the size of my MBP hard drive.

That sounds like all kinds of wrong, Time Machine should be there as your backup. You shouldn't be routinely accessing data inside it. Perhaps you mean a separate folder on the same volume that you use for Time Machine, although ideally you want to keep your library on a different drive and allow TM to back it up along with the rest of your computer.

tt2

iTunes Error 13010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.