Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Out of warranty! Apple care tells to replace your device 🙆🏻‍♂️

My iPhone 6s 2 years old .. recently went to iPhone store to replace the battery . But they informed me that your iPhone as Audio front mic and receiver has issue and we can’t repalce that alone . I have to completely replace to a new device !

Is Apple iPhone are durable only for 2 years 😠

My iPhone is updated with OS 11.3

Please suggest any solution other than going for a new iPhone

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 7:33 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 20, 2018 9:33 AM in response to windo_007

windo_007 wrote:

My iPhone 6s 2 years old .. recently went to iPhone store to replace the battery . But they informed me that your iPhone as Audio front mic and receiver has issue and we can’t repalce that alone . I have to completely replace to a new device !

Is Apple iPhone are durable only for 2 years

My iPhone is updated with OS 11.3

Please suggest any solution other than going for a new iPhone

I suspect what they offered you was an out of warranty replacement at about half the cost of the original purchase price. It is much less expensive than buying a new phone.

Apr 20, 2018 9:59 AM in response to windo_007

Yes, i would agree with Idris about that. There are indeed some components that mean an out of warranty replacement is the only option.

One thing you might consider though, before getting too upset up about Apple is the numbers. Here in the forums we see all manner of posts, complimentary and otherwise. But the complaints amount to a few a week and Apple sell millions upon millions of phones.

You and vipinverma may have been in the unlucky few and it is no consolation to you, but the quality of Apple products has to be judged via the larger picture.

Incidentally, your helpers here are largely voluntary and neither paid by or related to Apple.

Apr 20, 2018 11:13 AM in response to seventy one

well my begest agony is that Apple doesn’t have answer, and they are avoiding. I offered them to inspect my phone.. it doesnt have any external damage, no unauthorised repairs, no compromizing software. All trouble started with ios11 in my case and now it is known that they delebrately slowed down older models. My hardware failure could be due to os design and not my usage. else newly replaced harware not fail in less than 4 months. There is more to it.

Apr 20, 2018 11:38 AM in response to marcin.berman

marcin.berman wrote:

I think you have no Apple options, except for getting a new phone with a discount. And discussing non-Apple options is de-facto prohibited in this forum.

Why? I've spoken of 3rd party options many times and not had the post deleted.

Have you sold any of the 3rd party screens for the 8 or 8 Plus that have the touch firmware defect? How are you handling people who bring them back to you?

Out of warranty! Apple care tells to replace your device 🙆🏻‍♂️

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.