Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 13" - OS and Screen freezes on wake

When I open the mbp after say few hours of sleep, the screen comes back to life and in a second or two it freezes making me to cold reboot / long press the power button. I'm on high Sierra 10.14.3 -- Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 7:48 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 20, 2018 8:00 PM in response to amjoe

Hi amjoe,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like when you wake the computer it will freeze after a few seconds. Since this only happens when waking from sleep and restarting resolves the issue, this may be related to the sleep and waking process. I would recommend you read this article and use it to help troubleshoot the issue. ​

These additional steps may help identify or resolve the issue:

• Reset the SMC.
  • Reset NVRAM.
  • Disconnect external devices other than your Apple keyboard, mouse, and display. If that resolves the issue, gradually reconnect your devices, testing each time, until you find the device that is interfering with sleep. Then check the documentation that came with the device, or contact the device manufacturer.
  • Start up in Safe Mode to see if the issue is related to non-Apple startup items, login items, or kernel extensions.
  • Try to isolate the issue by using another user account.

If you still see the issue, contact Apple Support.

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected

Cheers.

MBP 13" - OS and Screen freezes on wake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.