Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network disconnects when using ethernet - usb type c adapter

I'm using a base model macbook pro 2017 without touch bar. Currently running mac os sierra 10.12.6 (16G1314). Recently i bought a USB Type C - ethernet & 3x USB adapter: https://www.onlinekabelshop.nl/usb-c-naar-3x-usb2-0-hub-ethernet-lan-adapter-0-1 5-meter. When i plug in the adapter my network stays connected for 30-40 seconds then disconnects and automatically connects again as in the .gif included. It's truly a nightmare for someone working constantly with internet.

I tried using a brand new cable for ethernet but it didn't solve it. Also i tried using other ports from the router but no success either. I thought that maybe the problem is in the adapter itself but i also use two of its usb ports and those devices never get disconnected.

Note that before i had it working i had to install the latest Realtek driver for the adapter. I appreciate every advice on solving this problem ! Thanks !

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 8:05 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 20, 2018 8:22 PM in response to puma2133

Greetings puma2133,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand your internet isn't staying connected while using an ethernet adapter for your MacBook Pro.

To help isolate the issue, running Network Diagnostics may help: macOS Sierra: Use Network Diagnostics to help solve Internet connection problems

To further isolate the behavior, testing in another user account may prove helpful: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know how the provided steps work for you.

Kind regards.

Network disconnects when using ethernet - usb type c adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.