Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Network disconnects when using ethernet - usb type c adapter

I'm using a base model macbook pro 2017 without touch bar. Currently running mac os sierra 10.12.6 (16G1314). Recently i bought a USB Type C - ethernet & 3x USB adapter: https://www.onlinekabelshop.nl/usb-c-naar-3x-usb2-0-hub-ethernet-lan-adapter-0-1 5-meter. When i plug in the adapter my network stays connected for 30-40 seconds then disconnects and automatically connects again as in the .gif included. It's truly a nightmare for someone working constantly with internet.

I tried using a brand new cable for ethernet but it didn't solve it. Also i tried using other ports from the router but no success either. I thought that maybe the problem is in the adapter itself but i also use two of its usb ports and those devices never get disconnected.

Note that before i had it working i had to install the latest Realtek driver for the adapter. I appreciate every advice on solving this problem ! Thanks !

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 20, 2018 8:22 PM in response to puma2133 In response to puma2133

Greetings puma2133,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand your internet isn't staying connected while using an ethernet adapter for your MacBook Pro.

To help isolate the issue, running Network Diagnostics may help: macOS Sierra: Use Network Diagnostics to help solve Internet connection problems

To further isolate the behavior, testing in another user account may prove helpful: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know how the provided steps work for you.

Kind regards.

Apr 20, 2018 8:22 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: puma2133

Question: Network disconnects when using ethernet - usb type c adapter