Related Article

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: restore contacts from mac backup

Help please!

Had a 256 gig iPhone 7 which I backed up to my iMac. Had to switch the phone to a 32 gig iPhone 5s.

I need to restore Contacts to the iPhone 5s but when I try to restore iMac says I don't have the space on the new, smaller phone.

Anyway to isolate and restore Contacts? Thanks.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.3

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

jackstrawphilly wrote:

Help please!

Had a 256 gig iPhone 7 which I backed up to my iMac. Had to switch the phone to a 32 gig iPhone 5s.

I need to restore Contacts to the iPhone 5s but when I try to restore iMac says I don't have the space on the new, smaller phone.

No, backup is all or nothing.

But you would sync your contacts back with whatever cloud or mail system you use to sync them with.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Apr 20, 2018 9:49 AM in response to jackstrawphilly In response to jackstrawphilly

jackstrawphilly wrote:

Help please!

No, backup is all or nothing.

But you would sync your contacts back with whatever cloud or mail system you use to sync them with.

Apr 20, 2018 9:49 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jackstrawphilly

Question: restore contacts from mac backup