Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore contacts from mac backup

Help please!

Had a 256 gig iPhone 7 which I backed up to my iMac. Had to switch the phone to a 32 gig iPhone 5s.

I need to restore Contacts to the iPhone 5s but when I try to restore iMac says I don't have the space on the new, smaller phone.

Anyway to isolate and restore Contacts? Thanks.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 9:49 AM

jackstrawphilly wrote:

Help please!

Had a 256 gig iPhone 7 which I backed up to my iMac. Had to switch the phone to a 32 gig iPhone 5s.

I need to restore Contacts to the iPhone 5s but when I try to restore iMac says I don't have the space on the new, smaller phone.

No, backup is all or nothing.

But you would sync your contacts back with whatever cloud or mail system you use to sync them with.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2018 9:49 AM in response to jackstrawphilly

jackstrawphilly wrote:

Help please!

No, backup is all or nothing.

But you would sync your contacts back with whatever cloud or mail system you use to sync them with.

restore contacts from mac backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.