Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio pops in iMovie 10.1.9

Since I switched to my new MacBookPro, I have been having trouble with audio "pops" in iMovie. The pop is not on the file prior to importing it into iMovie - I have checked the files prior to import. If I play the video, and the pop occurs, then he audio for the rest of the video is gone. If I see the "pop" in the audio track prior to playing it and remove it, then the rest of the audio is fine. The problem with this is that I am working with two 1.5-2.5 hour long videos daily that I need to publish (academic setting) within a 24 hour turn around, and I cannot listen to the entire video for "pops."

Specs: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and approximately 276GB of hard drive space, High Sierra 10.13.4

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor,

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 7:11 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2018 10:14 AM in response to jmtm2006

Hi,

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys, and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. Sometimes that cures glitches. Failing that, try a reinstall of iMovie 10.1.9.

If neither of the above work, you might try this suggestion, since it's easy to do. Import your videos to a folder on your desktop, using the Image Capture app in the Utilities folder on your Mac. Then use the free download, Handbrake, to convert them as a batch to Mp4/AAC (which Handbrake will do by default). Just open Handbrake and drag each video into the title box in the main Handbrake screen, and click on the Add to Queue icon as you add each one. The conversions will start. After the conversions are done you can import them into iMovie and see if you still get the popping noise. I'd try this with 2 or 3 of the vids to start with.

Let us know your results, as it might help others who have the same issue as you.

-- Rich

Audio pops in iMovie 10.1.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.