Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp performance issues

Hello,

I am having problems with the Bootcamp partition. When I run games and other tasks that require performance, it runs slower than when it is plugged in. This does not happen on the Mac operating system. I am not sure if it is just the program, or just a Windows 10 issue.

I already tried setting the performance value to high performance, it doesn't help. I am using an Intel Core i7-7567U, with 16GB ram.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 4 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), Windows 10 is also installed

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 7:38 AM

42 replies

Apr 23, 2018 6:42 AM in response to Loner T

I didn't reinstall windows on my old laptop yet, it is really slow. But, I have re-installed windows 10 on my new laptop before I asked the community, there was no change, I still had that FPS issue. In this version of Windows 10, it has a slider for the power options. The slider is set to "Better Performance" both on battery and plugged in. The issue is that for some reason, the processor doesn't utilize or uses less "Speed" when on battery. Also, before the fall creators update, there were 3 power options. Both were set to "balanced" when my laptop was plugged in and on battery.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Apr 22, 2018 3:41 PM in response to nickyjedi

Your 13-in has an Intel GPU, unlike the 15-in models which can have dual GPUs. The AMD GPU in the newer Macs si fairly competent, but is still a mobile GPU, unlike a Desktop in iMac or iMac Pro. DPC does not show much variance, but has it in the 'yellow' zone during the test. If your performance is different on Battery vs. Power Adapter, check Power Options -> Advanced Settings and look at Processor Maximum and Minimum states.

Apr 22, 2018 5:04 PM in response to Loner T

I understood that my computer does not have a dedicated graphics card just like the 15-inch had, but I had another MBP that has an i5-3xxx core, and it did not have these performance issues. Also, I looked at the power plan settings, all I see are Balanced, as in the Windows 10 Fall Creators update, they removed all the power options and replaced it with a slider if you click on the battery tray icon.

May 3, 2018 4:45 PM in response to nickyjedi

From the file...

<Name>Intel(R) HD Graphics

<InfName>igdlh64.inf</InfName>

<Class>Display</Class>

<ClassGUID>{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}</ClassGUID>

<CatalogFile>igdlh.cat</CatalogFile>

<Provider>Intel Corporation</Provider>

<DriverVer>04/21/2017,21.20.16.4664</DriverVer>

<ServiceBinary>igdkmd64.sys</ServiceBinary>

<HardwareID></HardwareID>

<isX64>yes</isX64>

</Name>

<Name>Intel(R) Display Audio"

<InfName>IntcDAud.inf</InfName>

<Class>MEDIA</Class>

<ClassGUID>{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}</ClassGUID>

<CatalogFile>IntcDAud.cat</CatalogFile>

<Provider>Intel(R) Corporation</Provider>

<DriverVer>06/19/2012,6.14.00.3097</DriverVer>

<ServiceBinary>IntcDAud.sys</ServiceBinary>

<isX64>no</isX64>

</Name>

<Name>Intel(R) HD Graphics

<InfName>igdlh64.inf</InfName>

<Class>Display</Class>

<ClassGUID>{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}</ClassGUID>

<CatalogFile>igdlh.cat</CatalogFile>

<Provider>Intel Corporation</Provider>

<DriverVer>10/31/2013,9.17.10.3347</DriverVer>

<ServiceBinary>igdkmd64.sys</ServiceBinary>

<isX64>yes</isX64>

</Name>

You will need to fall back to the Generic VGA drive, remove the current Driver and uninstall the adapter, remove the driver from DrvStore, and install the Apple driver. Also, disable the Windows Update for the specific PID/VID using gpedit.msc .

Also see How to stop Windows 7 automatically installing drivers .

Bootcamp performance issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.