Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Problem with open Control Center and tap HomePod to control

Device: Iphone 6s with 11.3/HomePod with 11.3

When I open Control Center and tap HomePod to quickly control it. The phone gets hot and the battery goes down quickly.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 21, 2018 6:33 AM in response to 义邦from珠海市 In response to 义邦from珠海市

Doesn't seem to be an issue here. You're not using the iPhone as a hot spot for the HomePod are you? Reboot your device and see if the issue persists. If so use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to let Apple know.

tt2

Apr 21, 2018 6:33 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 7:27 AM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

No, I’m sure that the phone was not used as a hotspot. No need to reboot, when I disconnect the WiFi, the problem is solved. But everytime I do that, using the phone to control homepod, the phone will be hot, again.

Apr 21, 2018 7:27 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 7:32 AM in response to 义邦from珠海市 In response to 义邦from珠海市

What about other Wi-Fi activity on the phone, e.g. browsing the web, streaming a video? Does that make it get hot too? What options are you using for AirPlay on the HomePod? See the Change AirPlay settings section of Change settings for HomePod - Apple Support for details.

tt2

Apr 21, 2018 7:32 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 7:49 AM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

I don’t find other activities that make the phone getting hot so quickly. And I just use the phone to control what’s playing on homepod by applemusic, not through AirPlay. I have turned on all the features of homepod except the Accessibility.

Apr 21, 2018 7:49 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 7:57 AM in response to 义邦from珠海市 In response to 义邦from珠海市

I was curious as to whether or not the Everyone setting is on, since it can possible raise a peer-to-peer connection between the devices, even, perhaps, when you're only using the iPhone as a remote. Either way I really think you should contact Apple over this. Unwanted heating won't be good for your device and its battery.

tt2

Apr 21, 2018 7:57 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: 义邦from珠海市

Question: Problem with open Control Center and tap HomePod to control