Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini & Iphone issue

Nothing happens when I hold my iPhone 10 near my HomePod. Others iPhones vibrate and HomePod mini responds. what's wrong?

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:34 PM

Have you updated the iPhone and the HomePod to the latest software?

Note: To hand off audio, your device must have Bluetooth turned on and be on the same Wi-Fi network as HomePod.

• On your iPhone in Settings- General - AirPlay & Handoff, makes sure Transfer to HomePod is enabled. If it is enabled, toggle it off, restart your iPhone, then turn it back on. In any case it’s a good idea to restart your iPhone if it’s not working anyways, If it still won’t work try restarting the HomePod via the Home App- HomePod Settings.

Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 10:34 PM in response to jimmyv913

Have you updated the iPhone and the HomePod to the latest software?

Note: To hand off audio, your device must have Bluetooth turned on and be on the same Wi-Fi network as HomePod.

• On your iPhone in Settings- General - AirPlay & Handoff, makes sure Transfer to HomePod is enabled. If it is enabled, toggle it off, restart your iPhone, then turn it back on. In any case it’s a good idea to restart your iPhone if it’s not working anyways, If it still won’t work try restarting the HomePod via the Home App- HomePod Settings.

Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support

HomePod mini & Iphone issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.