Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App Badge Notification Wrong in iOS 11.3

For a few weeks, the Mail App badge notification is intermittently overestimating my unread emails by exactly 36. I have to open to the app, let the app check for new messages, and then update. But within 5-10 minutes, the Mail App's badge notification is overestimating my unread emails by 36 again. If I open the app and let the app check for new messages, it fixes itself again. Even when I manually update the app by swiping down, the unread email count wavers back and forth between two numbers (and the difference is always 36). I have been able to replicate this all day long for weeks.

Context

• I am running iOS 11.3
  • I do not have this problem with my Mac's Mail app
  • I am using one email account: Gmail. (I do not use iCloud for email)
  • There is no folder or subfolder of Gmail that has 36 unread items in it
  • There is no folder or subfolder of my Gmail that has even a multiple of 36 in it
  • I am not using Gmail's filtering (e.g., inbox.google.com)

Troubleshooting steps I've taken so far (none have worked):

1. Toggle off "Mail" in Gmail account in Settings. Close Settings, close Mail. Toggle on "Mail" in Gmail account in Settings. Open Mail.
  2. Delete my Gmail account from the phone (in settings) and re-add the Gmail account.
  3. Restart the device.

If someone knows whether or not this is a known bug, that'd be helpful. I really don't want to restore the device from scratch we already know that that will be ineffective.

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 9:28 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Mail App Badge Notification Wrong in iOS 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.