Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Airport Express + Ethernet + Google WiFi

Hey everyone! Need some help. My setup: ATT Fiber with Pace 5268AC Router, Google WiFi Mesh with primary AP connected via ethernet (others spread across house), 3 Airport Express connected to a hub which is connected to the Pace via ethernet. I've turned off WiFi on my Pace and I still don't see the Airports. I could see the Airports before when WiFi was turned on with my Pace, but it was a different network than Google. For clarity - I had 2 wireless networks. Network A (Pace), Network B (Google). I want all devices to use Network B. When network B is on, I no longer see my Airports. Is this because the hub is connected to the Pace vs Google WiFi?

I can hard reset, but I'd prefer not to. I could also try and connect my hub directly into the Google AP, but I'd have to go to some trouble moving everything since most components are rack mounted.

Any recommendations on how to get my Airports to show up again?

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 4:18 AM

Is this because the hub is connected to the Pace vs Google WiFi?

Probably. One easy way to find out as a quick test is power off and disconnect one AirPort Express from the Ethernet hub and connect it to an Ethernet port on the Google router using a short, spare Ethernet cable.....any length will do.

Restart the Google router and then power up the AirPort Express.

Log onto the Google WiFi and check to see if you can "see" the AirPort Express in AirPort Utility.

If you decide to try this, what happens?

Another way to troubleshoot things is with a Mac laptop that has an Ethernet port. Post back if you have one handy.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2018 4:18 AM in response to Debonya1

Is this because the hub is connected to the Pace vs Google WiFi?

Probably. One easy way to find out as a quick test is power off and disconnect one AirPort Express from the Ethernet hub and connect it to an Ethernet port on the Google router using a short, spare Ethernet cable.....any length will do.

Restart the Google router and then power up the AirPort Express.

Log onto the Google WiFi and check to see if you can "see" the AirPort Express in AirPort Utility.

If you decide to try this, what happens?

Another way to troubleshoot things is with a Mac laptop that has an Ethernet port. Post back if you have one handy.

Help with Airport Express + Ethernet + Google WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.