Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive Stuck Uploading...

Hi all,

My iCloud drive is stuck syncing. The finder status bar shows that it is stuck trying to upload 8 files at 0kb of 385.3MB. My iCloud drive has over 10GB and I don't know how to find which file is the culprit? I have a large number of files and manually searching the finder is not really possible (besides I'm not sure if the finder will show anything)?...

Can anyone help me with a terminal command or other way to find the offending file so that I can temporarily remove it?

FYI I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6...

Thanks all,

Paul

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2018 4:18 AM

Because every file in the state of upload has an easily identifiable trail back to that file, if there is only one (and it was you that said it reported "8 items, 236.1 GB available, uploading 1 item Zero GB of 385.3MB") it should be fairly easy to find it.

User uploaded file

13 replies

May 20, 2018 5:29 PM in response to Catgutfan

Hi,

Yes I have added iCloud drive to my finder. What I meant is that I can't see the cloud icons indicating which files are currently being processed by iCloud. I don't know if this feature is present in El Capitan or not but it's not showing up to me.

I can navigate my iCloud drive but I cannot tell which file has and has not been uploaded to iCloud. This is my problem. There is one file that is stuck being uploaded. I don't know which one.

If there was a terminal command or console log or something to help me locate, or way to kill the sync process from the terminal, this is what I'm looking for.

I appreciate all the responses so far but this issue is apparently quite common and still unresolved for me...

iCloud Drive Stuck Uploading...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.