Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does logic do this?

I am relatively new to Logic Pro, having converted from pro Tools.

In Pro Tools, I used to be able top do the following:

I would record a Vocal track (lets call it Vox 1)

I would then be able to click on an arrow within the track lane, and select new.

Once I did that, the Vox1 recording would disappear from view, and at the same track would now be blank, ready to record again.

I'd record again and now i'd have Vox 2.

I'd have access to Vox 1 or Vox 2, within the same track, simply by toggling from one to another.

It was handy in situations where you quickly wanted to take another run at a track.

I know Logic has a multiple takes function (so did Pro tools), but this is a nifty little feature within the track itself.

Does Logic do this at all?

Thank-you for your time and expertise!

Logic Pro X

Posted on Apr 26, 2018 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2018 4:07 AM

Actually - and I had forgotten about this... Track alternatives will do "exactly" what you are looking to do...

first enable the feature - track -> show alternatives.

right click the arrow next to the name in the track header

select new.... ( the region is erased ready for next recording).

right click again after recording ( one or more alternatives ) - and you will see you can pick from which alternative you recorded.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2018 4:07 AM in response to Music Fusion

Actually - and I had forgotten about this... Track alternatives will do "exactly" what you are looking to do...

first enable the feature - track -> show alternatives.

right click the arrow next to the name in the track header

select new.... ( the region is erased ready for next recording).

right click again after recording ( one or more alternatives ) - and you will see you can pick from which alternative you recorded.

Does logic do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.