Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple tv is locked because it won't take my Apple ID info

I recently changed my Apple ID info which works well with my iTunes but it won't work with my 2nd generation Apple TV??? Maybe it locked? But they didn't not send me a message that it locked.

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2018 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2018 4:21 AM

With the second generation Apple TV the password and authentication code are entered together, the authentication code is the part that has a limited time, but as they are entered together it means it's really all time limited.

You should be able to append the code to your password and enter that (i.e. if your password is ABC and your code is 123, enter ABC123).

It seems from some comments posted in these communities that for some people an authentication code is issued once the password is entered which consequently fails to work and in other instances, no authentication code is issued at all.

Regardless of which way things happen for you, it seems the best approach is not to enter the password in the first instance but go straight to a trusted device and generate a code yourself (Settings Apple ID(Top) Password & Security Get Verification Code) and then enter the password and code as suggested above (ABC123)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2018 4:21 AM in response to gemafromtx

With the second generation Apple TV the password and authentication code are entered together, the authentication code is the part that has a limited time, but as they are entered together it means it's really all time limited.

You should be able to append the code to your password and enter that (i.e. if your password is ABC and your code is 123, enter ABC123).

It seems from some comments posted in these communities that for some people an authentication code is issued once the password is entered which consequently fails to work and in other instances, no authentication code is issued at all.

Regardless of which way things happen for you, it seems the best approach is not to enter the password in the first instance but go straight to a trusted device and generate a code yourself (Settings Apple ID(Top) Password & Security Get Verification Code) and then enter the password and code as suggested above (ABC123)

My Apple tv is locked because it won't take my Apple ID info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.