Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I un-check the boxes on my playlist songs I don't want to play they still play in playback

I have found that the following problem only started after and since iTunes v12.3 was installed.

When I un-check the boxes on my playlist songs that I don't want to play they still play in playback and are not skipped.

I have installed each update as they have become available in the hope that this has been fixed but after the latest update to v12.4.7.80 64-bit the problem still remains.

I have also reported this issue several times using the 'provide iTunes feedback' link in the help menu but nothing comes of it.

I have also searched the community for any answers/suggestions concerning this problem but have not found this specific issue mentioned although I did find a post concerning the tick boxes in the sync with devices option but this is not where my problem exists.

I would be grateful for any help/suggestions that anyone can offer.

Thank you.

dgladd (newbie)

iTunes v12.4.7.80

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 40 °C

Brisbane 65nm Technology

RAM 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 385MHz (5-5-5-18)

Windows 10

Posted on May 1, 2018 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2018 5:15 AM

Are you unchecking the songs after you have started playback? It used to be the case that iTunes would play all unchecked songs in the current view, and changes you made to the selection while the list was playing would make a difference. Now the tracks are added to Up Next and may play anyway when you change the tick box state.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2018 5:15 AM in response to dgladd

Are you unchecking the songs after you have started playback? It used to be the case that iTunes would play all unchecked songs in the current view, and changes you made to the selection while the list was playing would make a difference. Now the tracks are added to Up Next and may play anyway when you change the tick box state.

tt2

May 2, 2018 6:12 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your reply, it may help for me to explain how I use iTunes.

I am an entertainer and I use ITunes to create playlists from my library of song tracks I intend to use in a live stage situation, this had always worked fine whereby if during a performance I needed to skip tracks to suite the mood, all I had to do was to un-tick the box next to the song(s) I wanted to skip and move to the next required track.

As you will appreciate, this was a very slick and not too obvious procedure to carry out but since the un-ticking of the songs I wanted to skip has stopped working I now need to wait for the current playing track to finish and at this point I have to quickly select the next required track to play which is not an easy task in a low lighting environment.

I have tried using the 'play next' option which actually works but after this track plays, iTunes decides to jump back to the original playlist order and starts to play the tracks I needed to skip which is a complete nightmare.

I am convinced this is a bug that has developed within the many updates that iTunes put out and I now wish that I had kept to the version that worked ok.

I understand that it is possible to re-install a previous version but that involves exporting/importing playlists and the music library etc so I guess I'll have to soldier on and wait to see if a future update fixes the problem.

Such a shame as iTunes is extensively used in the entertainment world is probably all in allthe best program out there.

dgladd

When I un-check the boxes on my playlist songs I don't want to play they still play in playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.