Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes wont play playlist songs, scrolls thru list

Unique problem.

I have 2 Apple Id's, 3 PC's and iPhone in play here.

PC A and iPhone work fine with both Apple id's. PC's B and C BOTH have same issue with both Apple ID's.

On PC's B and C the same problem occurs with BOTH Id's. Playlist songs don't play, they scroll thru the entire list without playing (not even a sec) song. When pulling up an artist that has a list of songs, same issue, songs don't play just scroll down the list. All PC's running WIN 10.

iTunes will play songs from Radio tab bar up top.

I have done all of the following on BOTH PC's.

• log out/log in
  • rebooted PC's
  • uninstall/ reinstall iTunes
  • removed Malware Bytes
  • Checked WIN Defender Firewall, iTunes is white listed app
  • checked box for: iCloud Music Library

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 15, 2020 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 7:18 AM

Hello kmkm7269,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with playing songs in iTunes on your Windows computer, and I'd like to help.

Follow the steps shown on this page of the iTunes User Guide for Windows. Scroll down to "If you can't play a song"

If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC

Take care!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 7:18 AM in response to kmkm7269

Hello kmkm7269,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with playing songs in iTunes on your Windows computer, and I'd like to help.

Follow the steps shown on this page of the iTunes User Guide for Windows. Scroll down to "If you can't play a song"

If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC

Take care!

May 20, 2020 9:30 AM in response to kmkm7269

Hi kmkm7269,

Thanks again for the reply and additional info.

Verify the settings for “Add songs to Library when adding to playlists.” is enabled at Edit > Preferences, click General > and “Add songs to Library when adding to playlists.” is selected.

If not you'll need to download each song individually to play when not connected to the internet. Keep in mind, they'll only be available to play for the particular Apple ID signed in at the time they were added to a playlist or library. Information for one Apple ID can not be merged with another and Apple Music subscriptions are by Apple ID.

Here's more info: Add and download items in iTunes on PC

Here's info on Sync Library: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

And what the iCloud status icons mean: Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

May 20, 2020 11:13 AM in response to Leanne_68

Verify the settings for “Add songs to Library when adding to playlists.” is enabled at Edit > Preferences, click General > and “Add songs to Library when adding to playlists.” is selected. Verified, settings present.

If not you'll need to download each song individually to play when not connected to the internet. Keep in mind, they'll only be available to play for the particular Apple ID signed in at the time they were added to a playlist or library. Information for one Apple ID can not be merged with another and Apple Music subscriptions are by Apple ID. Downloaded song will not play. Same ID used for download.

Here's more info: Add and download items in iTunes on PC. Not Useful.

Here's info on Sync Library: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music . Not Useful.

And what the iCloud status icons mean: Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC Not Useful.

I hope this helps. Not found Useful.

May 19, 2020 8:08 AM in response to Joseph_S.

I read thru the User guide and read thru the "If you can’t play a song" section as well. There is nothing there to deal with this problem. In addition, I verified that "This computer had previously been authorized, it has been re-authorized. Including this one, you have authorized 3 computers out of your available 5."

Still have the same symptoms. Songs wont play if there is any list involved.

May 20, 2020 6:12 AM in response to kmkm7269

Hey kmkm7269,

Thanks for the reply and trying those steps, we appreciate it!

You mentioned "Songs won't play if there is any list involved", does this mean the same songs will play from the Library when Songs are chosen?

Also, are you an Apple Music subscriber?

Usually when songs will not play and just skip to the next, it means the song file is either not found or corrupted. Where did these songs originate from? In other words, were they downloaded from the Apple Music Catalog, the iTunes Store, or imported from CDs or another location?

Thanks!

May 20, 2020 8:44 AM in response to chris_g1

You mentioned "Songs won't play if there is any list involved", does this mean the same songs will play from the Library when Songs are chosen?...........Songs that are on any playlist will not play.

Also, are you an Apple Music subscriber? Yes. logged in. Like previously mentioned: 2 IDs, 3 PCs and 1 iPhone in play. Both IDs work on PC #1 and iPhone. PC's #2 and #3 have problem with BOTH ID's.

Usually when songs will not play and just skip to the next, it means the song file is either not found or corrupted. Where did these songs originate from? Songs from Radio tab and thrown onto playlist.

In other words, were they downloaded from the Apple Music Catalog, the iTunes Store, or imported from CDs or another location? Yes, downloaded from iTunes store.

iTunes wont play playlist songs, scrolls thru list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.