Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange email on my phone

There has been a new email address: serrinaacquittal521@my.minbox.email

show up on my phone, I have no idea what this could be from, how can I remove it and how did it get there???

Posted on May 6, 2018 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2018 2:35 PM

It will be between VPN and Regulatory if it exists.

Are there any messages in the account? If you don't have a profile then either you are sharing an iCloud ID with someone who added the account to a different device, or your iCloud ID has been hacked. If you are sharing you shouldn't be, but ask any other users sharing that iCloud ID, and stop sharing iCloud IDs.

If you are not sharing an iCloud ID change your iCloud ID password immediately following these instructions: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then add 2 Factor Authentication to your iCloud ID: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2018 2:35 PM in response to shawnafromlincoln

It will be between VPN and Regulatory if it exists.

Are there any messages in the account? If you don't have a profile then either you are sharing an iCloud ID with someone who added the account to a different device, or your iCloud ID has been hacked. If you are sharing you shouldn't be, but ask any other users sharing that iCloud ID, and stop sharing iCloud IDs.

If you are not sharing an iCloud ID change your iCloud ID password immediately following these instructions: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then add 2 Factor Authentication to your iCloud ID: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

May 8, 2018 8:37 AM in response to shawnafromlincoln

It might have been an app, or might have been a website. Once you delete it you can delete the email account. There was no permanent harm done, and your data were not compromised. If you noted the info on the installed profile that would have been a strong hint on where it came from, because profiles must be signed with the actual service that installed it.

From the name on the account, serrinaacquittal521, it may have been a political, civil rights or law enforcement site or app you visited. I searched for serrinaacquittal521 and this is the only result that was even close.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-pawd-2_15-cv-00775/pdf/USCOURTS-pawd-2_15 -cv-00775-0.pdf

Strange email on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.