Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have problem with sim ,what can i do?

I have a iphone 8 plus but today I noticed that it reads my sim cards but I can not make calls and when I went into the settings and I looked at my phone tells me unauthorized, I got the phone from a phone shop, it was new, can you help me?

Posted on May 12, 2018 12:37 PM

15 replies

May 13, 2018 7:33 AM in response to gabrielfromworcester

So you did not buy the phone from a "store"; you bought if off someone. Whether or not it was new is irrelevant.

My take on this is that the phone was stolen and fenced by the "store" and has now been blacklisted. The fact that the "network says it is not allowed" is a good indication of this. Take it back to the "store" as it seems they are not a legitimate iPhone distributor. They might be able to help you there.

May 13, 2018 8:20 AM in response to gabrielfromworcester

That shop is not a legitimate iPhone reseller. From the looks of it, many people have complained about its dubious practices and service.

https://www.yell.com/biz/lowesmoor-mobi-tech-worcester-8026125/

Again, it is IRRELEVANT that the phone worked. It could have been blacklisted after you activated it.

Your best bet is to RETURN the phone to the store for a refund or better yet, take it YOURSELF there. Do not send it!

The other option is to take it to an Apple Store for service. If the phone is blacklisted and reported stolen, Apple will probably not service it as you are not the legitimate owner.

May 13, 2018 9:36 AM in response to gabrielfromworcester

You did not state in your previous message that you had sent it to Apple. Since your response was ambiguous; you simply stated that you "sent in for repairs". It could have been Apple; a third party AUTHORIZED service center; or the store you bought it from. Ambiguity leads to confusion. And I was trying to give you options; thats why I said Apple.

Hopefully Apple will be able to sort this out for you. Next time, in order to avoid headaches, buy from a legitimate source.

Good luck.

I have problem with sim ,what can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.