Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot upload photos from Canon to Mac

Until today, I had been able to upload photos from my Canon PowerShot SX50HS seamlessly onto my MacBook Pro. Now, after connecting my camera to my Mac, I get the message "Communication Error" on the screen of my camera. I have changed the connecting cables, to no avail. (I have not installed any new software.)

Using a card reader, I was able to upload the images, but it was a much slower process, than connecting my camera directly. I'm using a 16MB SD card in my camera, which has 8MB of images on it. Any suggestions? Thanks

Posted on May 12, 2018 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2018 9:19 PM

I just read the Canon SX50Hs manual, which says "Communications Error" means an excessive amount of images, (approx. 1000) on the memory card, prevented image transfer to the computer. Which means that if I want to use all 16MB on the SD card, I'll have to use my card reader.

5 replies

Cannot upload photos from Canon to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.