Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone locked to sim provider

I brought my phone directly through apple, and have used a number of different sims since buying the phone. However i am now overseas and went to put a vodaphone sim in and my phone says it is locked to a provider. How do I fix this?

Posted on May 14, 2018 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2018 4:17 AM

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support: “Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your (old) carrier can unlock your iPhone.”

Separate from that: Which model iPhone? Some iPhones come in “CDMA” flavor, and are hardware specific for e.g. Verizon or Sprint.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2018 4:17 AM in response to lilyfrommelb

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support: “Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your (old) carrier can unlock your iPhone.”

Separate from that: Which model iPhone? Some iPhones come in “CDMA” flavor, and are hardware specific for e.g. Verizon or Sprint.

phone locked to sim provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.