You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Presentation to HDTV

I am looking at getting an HDTV for my office to be used as a continual-running (looping) display for a Keynote presentation. This presentation needs to run 24-7.

What would be the best way to make this happen - retaining all transitions in Keynote?

I am willing to purchase the hardware - AppleTV, Mac Mini, etc to get this to work, but looking for the best outcome with least amount of headaches. Presentation will also need to be changed from time to time.

Can this be done using a USB stick or SD card if I transfer the presentation to one of them?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on May 14, 2018 7:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2018 1:34 PM

Option A

Create the presentation on a Mac then playback immediately to the TV using an HDMI cable, Apple TV, or airplay. How far the TV is and where its situated will determine what connection is required.

This allows updates to the presentation to be played back immediately.

Rather an expensive option to have a MacMini dedicated just to playback Keynote.

Option B

Create the presentation on Mac then export to either video or PDF and transfer the file to a USB flash drive to play back on the smart TV.

The inexpensive option.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2018 1:34 PM in response to John Dotson

Option A

Create the presentation on a Mac then playback immediately to the TV using an HDMI cable, Apple TV, or airplay. How far the TV is and where its situated will determine what connection is required.

This allows updates to the presentation to be played back immediately.

Rather an expensive option to have a MacMini dedicated just to playback Keynote.

Option B

Create the presentation on Mac then export to either video or PDF and transfer the file to a USB flash drive to play back on the smart TV.

The inexpensive option.

Keynote Presentation to HDTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.