Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage Band Instruments and Apple Loops 1.0 Issue

There is a problem uploading Garage Band Instruments and Apple Loops in my MacBook Pro (2017) running macOS Sierra (v. 10.12.6). The GarageBand version I am using is 10.2.0

Every time I go to the App Store to update my software I see "GarageBand Instruments and Apple Loops 1.0" as an available update. However, once I click on "update" there is an message error that states:

"An error has occurred

The package “%%@” is missing or invalid.(106)"

The interesting thing is that once I click on "ok" the update disappears. If I close App Store and open it again, the update will show again.

I have tried to uninstall GarageBand no only by deleting the app in the Apps folder but by going to

/Users/____________/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/

and deleting that folder too.

Once I install Garage Band again, the problem persists.

This is very uncomfortable as every time I need to update my other available updates I need to uninstall GarageBand so that that update does not show up in the App Store, then, once again, install GarageBand.

Does anyone know of a solution to this issue? a work around? experience the same problem?

Thank you all!

Posted on May 16, 2018 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2018 9:06 AM

This is very uncomfortable as every time I need to update my other available updates I need to uninstall GarageBand so that that update does not show up in the App Store, then, once again, install GarageBand.

You should be able to install the updates to the other applications selectively.

When you see an update alert, you can click the alert itself, not one of the buttons below. This will open the updates tab of the AppStore and you can install each update you want to install.

Just ensure, that you have not set the System Preferences > AppStore to automatically install Application updates. I am using these System Preferences - only security updates will be installed automatically. This allows me to ignore application updates, until i am sure, that they will not cause unexpected problems with missing features.

User uploaded file

This does not solve the problem with the broken update, however. It might be, that the update is simply not available for download right now.

Have you already tried, if the GarageBand update will install correctly, if you try it in Safe Mode?

If you start the Mac in safe mode, some caches will be cleared and third party system additions will be disabled and prevented from causing trouble. See: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2018 9:06 AM in response to josuecarames

You should be able to install the updates to the other applications selectively.

When you see an update alert, you can click the alert itself, not one of the buttons below. This will open the updates tab of the AppStore and you can install each update you want to install.

Just ensure, that you have not set the System Preferences > AppStore to automatically install Application updates. I am using these System Preferences - only security updates will be installed automatically. This allows me to ignore application updates, until i am sure, that they will not cause unexpected problems with missing features.

User uploaded file

This does not solve the problem with the broken update, however. It might be, that the update is simply not available for download right now.

Have you already tried, if the GarageBand update will install correctly, if you try it in Safe Mode?

If you start the Mac in safe mode, some caches will be cleared and third party system additions will be disabled and prevented from causing trouble. See: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Garage Band Instruments and Apple Loops 1.0 Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.