Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Neither autocorrect or hyphenation working in Pages 7.0.1

I am using Pages Version 7.0.1 under High Sierra. I have selected autocorrect in Page Preferences, but it does not work. No underlining of misspelled words. I am able to use the search for misspelled words. Also, hyphenation does not work. I have de-selected Remove Paragraph Hyphenation in the Text>More panel, but no words are hyphenated. Are these problems related? How do I fix them?

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), Pages '09

Posted on May 17, 2018 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2018 9:02 AM

Visit the Pages 7.0.1 Edit menu : Spelling and Grammar, and check one or more of the following on the sub-menu:

• Check Spelling While Typing
  • Check Grammar With Spelling
  • Correct Spelling Automatically

Then, in Edit menu : Substitutions, check at least the following in the sub-menu:

Text Replacement

In addition to having the Pages Preferences : Auto-Correct panel's Symbol and text substition selected.

To enable hyphenation, you must visit the Document panel, and select Hyphenation.

And finally, Pages 7.0.1 may also take hints from System Preferences : Keyboard : Text panel items:

• Correct spelling automatically
  • Spelling: Automatically by Language
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2018 9:02 AM in response to Peter Weisz1

Visit the Pages 7.0.1 Edit menu : Spelling and Grammar, and check one or more of the following on the sub-menu:

• Check Spelling While Typing
  • Check Grammar With Spelling
  • Correct Spelling Automatically

Then, in Edit menu : Substitutions, check at least the following in the sub-menu:

Text Replacement

In addition to having the Pages Preferences : Auto-Correct panel's Symbol and text substition selected.

To enable hyphenation, you must visit the Document panel, and select Hyphenation.

And finally, Pages 7.0.1 may also take hints from System Preferences : Keyboard : Text panel items:

• Correct spelling automatically
  • Spelling: Automatically by Language

Neither autocorrect or hyphenation working in Pages 7.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.